Technical Development Manager
COP UK, a Saddleworth based leading CCTV distributor, is looking to recruit a Technical Development Manager to join their expanding business. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our in-house technical development, driving in-house product technical knowledge, and helping develop project opportunities with large customers.
This exciting role will see the successful candidate managing the technical knowledge base for our key products, which will involve product testing to keep up to date with the latest developments from our key suppliers. The role will also include working with our product management and procurement team to select products for our ever-expanding range. In addition to this the role will include working closely with key customers to help them with technical development of large projects.
The role is mainly office/home based with the potential for visiting customers and making site visits.
Since the Covid lockdown COP UK has been operating almost 100% remotely with the exception of warehouse staff. It is envisaged that we will slowly move towards a 30-70% split with most people working in the office for 2 days a week and working from home the remaining 3 days. The Technical Development Manager role is no exception, with the exact working location remaining flexible.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for all technical development activities. Key responsibilities will include:
· Being the technical expert for Hikvision within COP UK
· Being part of the product selection team to select new and updated products for inclusion in our portfolio.
· Working closely with our purchasing team to assess product changes and decide if the changes are acceptable from a technical standpoint.
· Working closely with the Technical support team to pass on knowledge and deal with new technical issues.
· Providing in-house technical training for the technical support and sales teams where required.
· Working closely with pre-sales team to assist with in depth technical knowledge.
· Working with the sales team to provide technical knowledge.
· Working closely with the project sales team to engage with key customers to assist with specification and development of large systems.
· Working with key customers to assist with complex technical issues that cannot be solved by the technical support team.
· Working closely with our key suppliers to test new products and the integration of these with other products.
To apply for this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
· Extensive technical knowledge of HIK Vision products.
· Extensive knowledge of CCTV installation.
· Full (clean) driving licence.
· Be a proactive and confident results driven decision maker, an effective communicator and have a professional telephone manner.
· A strategic thinker with a creative approach to problem solving.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Monthly company bonus scheme.
Private medical Insurance.
24 Days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org